Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yummo!!

My commitment to blog and photogragh the meals I cook from the new WW cookbook (Cook Basics) continues.  I did cook the Vegetable Pasta Bake on Saturday night but was way too hungry to get out the camera. It was very, very nice.  As I tend to do, I launched on the recipe, and realised I didn't have all the ingredients..but being resourceful, used what I had in my pantry.  The borlotti beans turned into cannolini beans..and I left out the spinach leaves (didn't have anything to substitute - and felt pretty certain that iceberg lettuce would not quite cut it).  But will definitely make that one again.  And there are leftovers in the freezer.

It has been years and years since I contemplated cooking (or even eating) sweet and sour chicken.  For some reason I was drawn to page 23of my new cookbook.  So tonight was the night to put the recipe to the test.  Well, I just loved it.  My only change to the recipe was the additon of celery which did add a crunch to the texture. 

 There are so many recipes in the book I want to try.  Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. You are wonderful Dors - wish I could be as enthusiastic as you - you inspire me

    ReplyDelete