This time, I was determined to do a big Lebanese cook up and Shan has invited some friends around to share the meal with us.
Nick and I did the shopping at Sainsbury's yesterday..so today I have had a glorious day in the kitchen. It is really, really cold outside with some snow falling so welcomed an excuse not to venture out.
Now back to the tabbouli..I just happened to check the source of the all the simple products contained in recipe and I was amazed how far some of it has travelled to reach Sainsbury's shelves and finally into the tabbouli. So here goes:
- Flat leaf parsley - Grown by P Langdale in Spain
- Curley leaf parsley - Grown by J Porras in Spain
- Spring Onions - Grown by Jesus Bustamante in Mexico
- Mint - Grown by A Rachamin in Israel
- Bulgar - (grower not named) but from Turkey
- Lemons (grower not named) but from Spain
- Olive Oil from Spain
- Tomatoes from the Canary Islands
To enjoy with the tabbouli, I have made malfouf (cabbage rolls), kibbi, labnah, vine leaves. I will also serve olives, fried hallloumi, falafel and Lebanese bread..and naturally some houmous. For sweets, we have a few Tunisian delicasies we bought in Paris and a home made middle eastern orange cake. I hope everyone enjoys it and Shan doesn't eat all the tabbouli before they come!